Friday, April 25, 2008

RSVPs

Today I sent out and email reminder through our e-advocacy service Democracy in Action (DiA) (www.democracyinaction.org) to our prospect list and entered the responses in the database.

Yesterday I mentioned the good, the bad, and the ugly as a way of talking about the continuum of data integration. The truth of the matter is that we're not completely "good." We still have two data silos: our online database and our offline database. What that means is that we still have to hand enter RSVPs into our offline database even if a person responds to an invitation online. Automating that process would be nice and efficient.

That's our holy grail... Integrating our online and offline databases. We'll get there someday.

Besides doing outreach using DiA, we also posted the event on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=12499747475

So, I spent a little time reminding the maybes that the event was filling up fast and that they need to rsvp asap.

No comments: